Sunday, May 20, 2012

Guest Artist - Dorly Weitzen

My name is Dorly Weitzen and I live in sunny Israel.
I'm married and I have 3 adorable sons.
I'm a Linguist and fluent in 7 languages.
I grew up in a family of artists and art collectors, and I've been creating ever since I can remember myself.
I love painting, jewelry designing, scrapbooking, altered art and mixed media art. And chocolate, of course.
I have a constant urge to create something new every day.
It sure is better than maintaining what already exist!

Here are several examples of my art works, using pearls as a non-traditional decoration of gift boxes and greeting cards.
(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it).
Pearls found in Seashells, at the depth of the ocean, inspired me to create this Pearls From The Ocean Card.


















Pearls also coordinate well with natural motifs, such as the dragonfly seen in this Spread Your Wings Dragonfly Card.















Pearls can be used as embellishments for gift boxes, as in this Like a Fish in Water Box, which was filled up with coffee bars. Yummy!

















Pearls are so versatile in shapes and colors, therefore they have endless possibilities of uses in various art works.
They can be combined with other materials or stand on their own, their beauty always glamorous and eye-catching.
I hope you enjoyed this short tour into my world, which gave you a taste of my creations.
You're welcome to visit my blog for more detailed photos and explanations.
Thanks for stopping by,
Dorly Weitzen

No comments:

Post a Comment